Washington State Convention Center
Room Number: 615
Available Dates & Times
Most contractors have a person or an outside CPA firm managing their accounting needs, but they also need someone to help them manage their money, income, taxes and expenses. This course will introduce the basics of what to expect from your accountant and how to help them act like a CFO.
Dr. Perry Daneshgari is the President/CEO of MCA Inc. He has completed over 12 research projects for construction and distribution industries and as well as published several papers and articles and a handful of books.
Heather Moore is Vice President of Operations for MCA Inc and has taught several classes for NECA, MCAA and MCAA of Canada; contributed to several research projects for the Electrical Contracting Foundation, MCAA, the New Horizons Foundation, and the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors. She is a Ph.D. Candidate in Construction Management at Michigan State University focusing on information from the point of installation on construction jobsites. Additionally she holds an MBA, University of Michigan-Flint, and a B.S.E. in Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. She specializes in process design and operations research. Heather has experience working with the construction industry, and currently works with contractors and distributors across the country on process improvement and productivity measurement.
1. ASTM Standard E2691 – “Job Productivity Measurement”, American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Published (contributor)
• Heather is also the subcommittee secretary on the ASTM E06.81 Building Economics subcommittee.
• Moore, H; Daneshgari, P.: “Application of ASTM E2691 Standard Practice for Job Productivity Measurement in Agile Construction®”, Pending publication
3. She has conducted research projects for construction and distribution:
• We Built This City – Study of union market share in large cities.
• Developing a Format for Calculating Market Share
• Investigating Lean Production Principles
4. She has co-authored several articles that highlight principles of productivity and waste reduction in the construction and distribution industries.
5. She has taught several classes and workshops within contractors and to contractor associations on the topics of Agile Construction®
6. She has co-presented in several annual conferences, including:
a. 2013 NECA/ELECTRI International January Council Meeting in January 2013
b. 2012 Annual NWCCC Conference in November 2012
c. 2012 Annual MCAA of Canada National Conference in November 2012